Wondering how your peer NGOs are winning Grants?
Get this guide to write a winning proposal and never miss another opportunity to fund your amazing projects.
While the proposal is often thought of as the first step to receiving a grant, it is also one of the last steps in the project planning process. This Guide provides comprehensive directions for the entire proposal writing process, from conceiving a project to submitting an application. With simple explanations on a wide range of topics on women’s issues and examples, this Guide is a must-have for all proposal writers working for NGOs addressing issues affecting women and girls.
A lot of organizations see proposal writing as a time-consuming chore. In fact, there are many benefits to proposal writing. Writing out a proposal forces NGOs to consult with stakeholders, refine improved plans, talk with beneficiaries, and conduct research. Writing proposals helps ensure that NGOs think through all project steps and that everyone agrees on the details.
Proposal writing is a skill NGOs will need throughout their entire institutional lifetime. It is important to build these skills early and keep them within the organization.
This Guide aims to:
- Provide holistic understandings of the grant application process, the purpose of the project proposal and its parts, and tips on proposal writing.
- Share best practices for NGOs to apply for grants from institutional donors, including private foundations, government embassies, and development agencies.
- Increase the quality of grant applications for women empowerment projects.
This Guide is designed to support:
- Those new to proposal writing
- Local, grassroots, and national NGOs working in women sector
- International development workers and fundraisers
- Experienced proposal writers looking for a Guide that provides holistic coverage of all proposal-related topics specific to women sector
- Those interested in the general requirements of proposal writing