Apply by: October 15, 2018
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional one-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply. They will support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways. Donors can give in USD or GBP, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. GlobalGiving will also provide matching incentives for your donors and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
TRAINING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
How to Apply?
Your organization should be a registered charity, nonprofit, or NGO that is implementing programs. The first step is to complete the online application. Make a login. Best to use your official email address.
Wait, we highly recommend you never to fill out the online application directly. Why? Many things could potentially go wrong. First, most online forms do not save your work automatically or at all in some cases. If your internet goes down, you accidentally close the wrong tab, your computer restarts for important updates, etc. then all your work is lost. Additionally, most forms only have very basic grammar/spell-check features (although you can use free tools like Grammarly to help with this).
The registration form is divided into – 7 parts, here we have listed what you will need:
1. Organization Details
- Registration number of your NGO. Remember the opportunity is only open for registered NGO.
- Contact information of NGO (address, phone number website…)
- Contact person information
- How much money did your NGO raise online last year (in range)
2. Mission and Programs
- What is your NGO’s mission?
- Any awards and recognition.
- Area and sector, your NGO works for.
- Up to three program materials that tells more about your organization’s activities and achievements. Like: brochure, annual report, project report, newsletter etc.
(Best to submit in a PDF format- not larger than 20 mb)
- Project justification.
- Letter of reference addressed to GlobalGiving, and written within the past 3 months in pdf format- less than 20 mb.
(Note: The letter should contain the referrer’s email address and phone number where we can contact the referrer if necessary. Letters of reference can come from donors, partner organizations, prominent community members or program beneficiaries. It can not be from family members or anyone directly involved in the organization such as staff, volunteers, or members of your board of directors.)
3. Organizational Documents
- Registration Certificate (in PDF format- less than 20 MB)
- Other Founding documents: Constitution, Article of association, bylaws, dissolution clause, Memorandum of Understanding etc. (in PDF format- less than 20 MB)
4. Financial Information
- Primary source of funding
- How much did your NGO spend last year
- list of your largest funders and their contributions for the last fiscal year.
- Non-audited financial statements for last two fiscal years (in PDF format- less than 20 MB)
- Current operating budget (in PDF format- less than 20 MB)
- Permit to receive foreign fund
5. Disbursement and Staff List
- Bank account details
- Organisational chart-Senior Staff and Board of Directors
6. Terms and Condition
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before checking box.
7. Review and Submit
- You will be notified by GlobalGiving of your application Status on 5th of November, 2018.
For more information, please visit GlobalGiving